Traditional bathrooms provide specific enclosures and facilities, which are often unsuitable for people with mobility issues and those possibly requiring wheelchair access.
Our wet room solutions deliver unparalleled accessibility and safety and give your bathroom a modern look and feel.
The key feature is the flooring, which effectively becomes the shower area by using concealed rigid trays beneath the surface.
Benefits of having a wet room:
- Wheelchair accessible and easy to navigate for those a little unsteady on their feet
- A gentle slope in the floor allows wastewater to drain from the floor, leaving no puddles which may cause slips and falls
- Heavy weight slips resistant flooring for increased safety
- Practical and easy to maintain
- Glass screens can be used to provide a dedicated showering space. A choice of full height, half-height doors and disability access screens are available
- Accessories like grab rails, shower seats and pull-down shower heads can be installed where needed
Why choose a wet room?
- Due to its open plan design, a wet room offers easy access, especially for wheelchair users
- They offer a stylish and contemporary space
- Wet rooms are low maintenance in that they are easy to clean and maintain
- A correctly installed wet room, treated with water-proofing and anti-slip flooring, will outlast a conventional bathing area
To complement our wet rooms, we can offer a range of both electric showers and conventional shower valves, all offering the added peace of mind of a factory fitted thermostatic restriction. This ensures water temperatures never exceed 43 degrees – a common stipulation in Occupational Therapists specifications.
We can also offer a range of shower doors and screens to compliment your wet room, as well as grab rails and shower seats – all designed to maintain your dignity and independence, yet without compromising on style.
How we work
As a specialist accessible shower and bathroom company, we understand that everyone’s needs are different, and that one size does not fit all. We also appreciate that for many of our clients, understanding the options available is daunting. For this reason, we offer free, impartial advice and a service geared towards gaining a genuine understanding of your immediate and long-term needs.
We will meet with you to gain an understanding of your specific needs and requirements.
Tailored solutions can also be supported by a professional Occupational Therapists assessment.
We will then undertake an on-site survey of your bathroom space and get an understanding of your style and product preference.
Following our initial meeting, we will draw up a 3D visual of your proposed bathroom and provide you with a free bespoke product quotation, detailing the overall cost of your bathroom products.
Once the design has been approved, we will arrange for one of our experienced installation teams to commence work.
Interested in finding out more?
Please call Aquaneed if you have any questions or to arrange a FREE, no obligation home survey on 01784-440333. If you prefer to email, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org