Stepping into a small traditional step-in shower is often problematic for the less able person, especially when walking aids, wheelchairs or hoists are required. Accessible showers offer the ultimate in practicality and comfort. A home survey and needs assessment will determine whether a low-level or level-access shower is the most suitable product for your current and future requirements.
Low-level shower trays remove the need for stepping into a shower cubicle. These showers are ideal for those who have the ability to navigate small steps. Small ramps for wheelchair users can be installed.
The flooring of a level access shower tends to be a continuation of the bathroom floor. This means that the shower floor sits completely flush with the bathroom floor, eliminating the need for a shower tray. This is the most commonly requested solution and ideal for wheelchair users.
Level access showers can be enhanced with shower screens that offer different folding options and heights, making them both practical and stylish.
- Single bi fold, folding back on itself
- A corner enclosure, on 2 sides from a wall to create a fully enclosed shower space
- Half height or split-level shower screen if carer assistance is required
Why choose a shower screen rather than a shower curtain?
- All accessible shower screens and enclosures are made with toughened safety glass
- Floor seals prevent any water escaping
- Left and right-hand opening options
- Self-cleaning properties within the glass provide the perfect solution to limescale build-up